ARCH Online Tutors
Personal Information Collection Statement
(Last Updated: June 17, 2015)
“ARCH”, “we”, “our”, or “us” means ARCH Education Center, the trading name for ARCH Academy Limited (Company No. 50672916), a company incorporated under the laws of Hong Kong and whose principal place of business is situated at 3/F China Hong Kong Tower, 8-12 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong and any subsidiaries of ARCH Academy Limited.
We may collect certain personal information from you when you apply for, enquire about, or receive products and services from us, or when you apply to make changes to your application and/or services. These data may include, but are not limited to: your name, contact information, date of birth, identity card number (and copy of identity card), information regarding academic background, and financial information (“Personal Information”, “data”, or “information”).
1. By providing your Personal Information through the website accessible at www.arch-education.com (the “Website”), you are permitting ARCH, and any of its related companies or subsidiaries to store, maintain, process and use this information in accordance with this collection statement, as amended from time to time, for various purposes.
2. These purposes may include but are not limited to: providing services, responding to service requests, responding to questions, billing purposes, and sending information regarding ARCH products, services, events and promotions.
3. For the purposes as indicated in section 2 above, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties (within or outside Hong Kong), including without limitation the following third parties: (a) overseas educational institutions; (b) testing and educational service providers; (c) third party service providers (including any agent, contractor, or third party service provider who provides administrative, legal, telecommunications, computer, payment, or other services to ARCH in connection with the operation of its business); regulators, government departments and agencies; (e) law enforcement agencies.
4. Your Personal Information will be stored, maintained, processed and used by ARCH. We are not liable for any information submitted electronically that could be observed by a third party in transit.
5. ARCH will endeavour to ensure that your Personal Information is kept secure from unauthorized disclosure or access. Your Personal Information will only be kept as long as necessary for the above-mentioned purposes for which they were collected.
6. ARCH may from time to time transfer your Personal Information outside Hong Kong for the above purposes and for the purposes of data processing and storage.
7. We may use your Personal Information such as your name, telephone number, residential address, and email address for direct marketing of any products, services, events and promotions regarding ARCH.
8. You may, at any time, request ARCH to cease using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes by writing to ARCH as prescribed in paragraph 10 below.
9. It is entirely voluntary for you to provide your Personal Information. However, failure to provide your Personal Information may result in ARCH being unable to process your request or provide services to you.
10. You are entitled to request access to your Personal Information or correction of your Personal Information, or review of the policies and practices in relation to Personal Information of ARCH at any time by addressing such requests in writing to:
ARCH Education Center
3/F China Hong Kong Tower
8-12 Hennessy Road
Wanchai, Hong Kong
11. While we strive to have security measures in place to protect the loss, alteration and misuse of the information under our control, these security measures are unfortunately not 100% secure and it is possible that others may intercept the information you are sending.
12. Nothing in this Statement shall limit your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. This Personal Information Collection Statement may in the future be translated into a Chinese version. Should there be any inconsistencies between the English version and the Chinese version of the Statement, the English version shall prevail.